Ok so ooey Gooey Caramel Pull Apart Bread (AKA Caramel Monkey Bread) in our house anyways, is our favorite form of Monkey Bread. That doesn’t mean we don ‘t like all forms of Monkey Bread, just that this is our first choice.
When this sweet bread is baking up in the oven and the aroma of cinnamon and caramel waft out of the oven and down the hall, the children start to stumble out of their rooms and into the kitchen. Smiles upon their sleep filled faces as they murmur “is that monkey bread?”
I love those smiles, and I keep them in my heart.
Early risers love to help by cutting up the biscuits and pouring the caramel over the top. Then they get bragging rights as their siblings/cousins ooh and aww. And oh and aww we do. We don’t cut each person a slice.That just won’t be right. This is meant to be pulled apart with your fingers. Everyone going for the pieces that are dripping with gooey caramel, burning our fingertips and trying to catch any drips with our tongues, not willing to let any of that goodness get away. Needless to say there is never any left for later. Fingers and plate licked clean too.
Such an easy recipe for the kids to help with and no big messes.Takes one pan and one bowl. I love that and the memories we are creating one bite at a time.
Perfect start for an awesome day.
- 3 (7.5 ounce) cans of Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan (bundt cake} with cooking spray.
- Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths. Layer biscuits evenly in pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a bowl and stir until smooth; pour over biscuits.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Quickly turn pan upside down on a heatproof plate. Let cool for ten minutes then remove pan. Best when served warm.
- You may also use 2(24 oz cans) of biscuits.